IVsEditorFactory2 impl sample?? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to implement an VS Editor that has the same features as original WPF Designer. When right clicking on the "**.xaml" project item, select "View Code" command, VS opens a nested code-behind item like "**.xaml.cs" instead of the "**.xaml" file.

I do searched the MSDN and found IVsEditorFactory2.RetargetCodeOrDesignerToOpen exactly what I want, but I was upset to find out that codes in implementation of this method never to be executed.

Any ideas?

Saturday, December 30, 2017 3:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Lu Fengfan,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Your issue is about the VS extension development, since our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum to seek for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, January 1, 2018 5:54 AM
  • Hi Lu Fengfan,

Based on research, I could not find related sample code about IVsEditorFactory2.RetargetCodeOrDesignerToOpen, I would suggest that you could post a addition feedback on the following page. pull to the bottom of page. click no, then submit your feedback.

Best regards,

Zhanglong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 5:15 AM