none
AADSTS50076: Due to a configuration change made by your administrator, or because you moved to a new location, you must use multi-factor authentication to access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm getting an fiddler error when trying to use Microsoft Teams Client app to add PowerBI tabs to it. Also I'm not getting any MFA prompt when performing the same.

Error:

{"error":"interaction_required",
     "error_description":"AADSTS50076: Due to a configuration change made by your administrator, or because you moved to a new location, you must use multi-factor authentication to access,
     "error_codes":[50076],
      "suberror":"basic_action"}

NOTE: I have Azure AD Conditional Access policy in place for PowerBI app to require MFA.

Can Microsoft Client app not pass MFA claim token ? Microsoft Teams if yes then what needs to be implemented here ? Because same thing works with Microsoft teams Web App

Monday, April 29, 2019 8:41 PM

Answers

• The MFA requirement can only be satisfied by an interactive prompt, which you cannot perform when adding something like a tab in Teams. The usual workaround is to trigger the device flow instead, but that's also not appropriate when working with tabs. So I would suggest adding an exception to your CA policy for this scenario.
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:17 AM

All replies

• The MFA requirement can only be satisfied by an interactive prompt, which you cannot perform when adding something like a tab in Teams. The usual workaround is to trigger the device flow instead, but that's also not appropriate when working with tabs. So I would suggest adding an exception to your CA policy for this scenario.
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Please let me know if you find above reply useful. If yes, do click on 'Mark as answer' link in above reply. This will help other community members facing similar query to refer to this solution. Thanks.
    Friday, May 3, 2019 12:36 AM