Web method parameters coming through as "nothing" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this.  I had a very simple web method with about 30 string parameters. I could communicate with it via post, get and SOAP.  It worked fine. Then I split it into two different web methods.  Each of the new methods works fine with post and get but using SOAP causes all of the parameters to come through as "Nothing"  So I can successfully access the web method via SOAP, no errors or anything but all the parameters are empty.  I've tried a new web service with the same web methods with the same result.  Anyone have any suggestions??  It seems like there is some WSDL file that is not getting updated or something..  I' really stuck here

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:01 PM

Answers

• I would suggest using WebServiceStudio to test your web service. Navigate to the Request/Response and look at the SOAP Request. Are all the parameters getting passed?If this works, then get your client to re-download the WSDL file using Update web reference or WSDL.exe.

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:10 PM

All replies

• I would suggest using WebServiceStudio to test your web service. Navigate to the Request/Response and look at the SOAP Request. Are all the parameters getting passed?If this works, then get your client to re-download the WSDL file using Update web reference or WSDL.exe.

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:10 PM
  • Thanks!! That helped me get it working again.  Thanks for the quick response!!

- Joe

Monday, July 17, 2006 8:11 PM