Using Windows App Cert Kit for testing the desktop app is going over 24 hours, is it ok?

Question

• Hi. I'm trying to validate my desktop application with ACK tests on Windows 8.

I start the Windows Certification Kit 2.2, choose Validate Desktop App, then choose a build with my app and option "Per Machine".

Also I'm trying to validate the app with the option "Per user" on another machine. 

During validation the application is installed and after it step "Testing app install" is going more than 24 hours.

I use the Vmware and real machine with Windows 8 64-bit. On both of them the sutiation is the same.

On the previous builds the same tests took about 5 hours.

What am I doing wrong now? Why do it take so long time?  Is it ok?

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Friday, December 14, 2012 7:05 AM (From:Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB )
    • Moved by Eric D - MSFTMicrosoft contingent staff Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:50 AM Tools related question (From:Publishing Windows Store apps)
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

I think your issue should be raised in the Publishing
    Windows Store apps
    I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to that forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 14, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Hello,

This would not be considered normal, but the Tools for Windows Store Apps is the correct forum for this question.

-Eric

Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:54 AM
  • Hi -

Are you still experiencing this problem? While this may not be the best forum for your post, let's continue the discussion here for now, since the Publishing forum is not a better forum for this.

-Raymond (MSFT)

Raymond Parsons Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Friday, January 11, 2013 12:22 AM
  • For future reference, desktop app certification issues should be posted in the             
    Friday, January 11, 2013 1:08 AM