Error DEP800 When trying to debug a Metro style application

Question

• Guys,

I receive the following error message when trying to debug a metro style app in the tutorial listed at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br211380

------

Error 2 Error DEP0800 : The required framework "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs\11.0\" failed to install for the following reason:
    Opening package from location file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20SDKs/Windows/v8.0/ExtensionSDKs/Microsoft.VCLibs/11.0/ failed with 0x80070003. AppXPackagingOM event logs may have more detailed information  HelloWorld

------

I am running "Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64)" on a Dell Latitude e6400 series.

The tutorial is not very clear on code placement and doesn't offer any completed code so I could have the incorrect arrangement on some code. However, the error message seems to be related to the inability to install the correct framework.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ps... I also receive the following warning;

Warning 1 "APPX" attributes were found in the SDK manifest file however none of the attributes matched the targeted configuration and architecture and no "APPX" attribute without configuration and architecture could be found. If an appx is required then the project will fail at runtime. HelloWorld

• Edited by J03Z Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:48 AM Spell Corrections
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:46 AM

Answers

• Could you go to C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20SDKs/Windows/v8.0/ExtensionSDKs/Microsoft.VCLibs/11.0/ and verify what you have in there - Under that folder you should have a folder called APPX and inside that Debug and Retail folder and inside each there should be ARM, x64 and x86 and inside each there should be a file with .appx extension. Do you have this folder structure in your machine? The deployment process will pick the appropriate folder based on your project configuration and platform.

Friday, September 30, 2011 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Could you try debugging this C++ sample to quickly determine if it is related to a problem in your project, or an installation issue. It should compile and run without any changes required.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/ApplicationData-04c434b3

Thanks,

-David

Friday, September 30, 2011 1:40 AM
  • Could you go to C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20SDKs/Windows/v8.0/ExtensionSDKs/Microsoft.VCLibs/11.0/ and verify what you have in there - Under that folder you should have a folder called APPX and inside that Debug and Retail folder and inside each there should be ARM, x64 and x86 and inside each there should be a file with .appx extension. Do you have this folder structure in your machine? The deployment process will pick the appropriate folder based on your project configuration and platform.

Friday, September 30, 2011 8:42 PM