SSIS Training - Sydney, Australia RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,
    We are planning on switching our ETL software to SSIS 2008.
    From what I have seen so far, the only real choice is to do the course "6235 - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services".

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on who a good SSIS Trainer (Individual or Company) would be in the Sydney,Australia area.
    I'm looking for someone who can answer my questions from experience and give me plenty of best practice advice.
    As such, I'm looking for a trainer who is not there just to read from the training materials for us, but is there for their knowledge and experience in SSIS.

If not a trainer, what about consultants?  Has anybody got any good stories to share.  Basically, we are looking to build a robust ETL framework and will likely need a bit of help along the way.

Happy to hear of any other requirements I may have missed.

Thanks for your input.

Lisa.B.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 5:52 AM

Answers

• Hi, Todd is right, i'm definitely a bit more local!

If you are seriously making the switch to SSIS 2008 and have no prior experience, getting an experienced professional in to get you started will save you a lot of effort in getting going. Get in touch with me and i'll see what I can do to get you moving. I'm a consultant based in Sydney and my area of expertise is SSIS, so hopefully I will be of some use :)

Cheers,

James

James Beresford @ http://www.bimonkey.com SSIS / MSBI Consultant in Sydney, Australia
    • Proposed as answer by BI Monkey Monday, September 21, 2009 4:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Basil.Privitera Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:09 AM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 4:37 AM

All replies

• You might want to try asking the BI Monkey - he's from closer to you than (probably) most of us...
    Todd McDermid's Blog
    Friday, September 18, 2009 3:42 PM
  • Hi, Todd is right, i'm definitely a bit more local!

If you are seriously making the switch to SSIS 2008 and have no prior experience, getting an experienced professional in to get you started will save you a lot of effort in getting going. Get in touch with me and i'll see what I can do to get you moving. I'm a consultant based in Sydney and my area of expertise is SSIS, so hopefully I will be of some use :)

Cheers,

James

James Beresford @ http://www.bimonkey.com SSIS / MSBI Consultant in Sydney, Australia
    • Proposed as answer by BI Monkey Monday, September 21, 2009 4:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Basil.Privitera Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:09 AM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 4:37 AM