none
Enterprise Library's Data Access block RRS feed

• Question

• we are getting below exception in enterprise data access library version 5.0.414.0:

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

We are getting above exception in wcf service over period of time (approx 2 week).  

Application crashes &  exception logged in event viewer are "unable to connect to database", "fail to connect to database", "timeout" exceptions.

In my wcf service installed in cirtix environment,there are approx 32000 users. my question is how i should calculate connection pool max size in this case. Default max pool size is correct or i have to increase the default max pool size.

i found perfmon can help here. there are two way we can collect data:

1) by using ".net data provider for sqlserver

2) by using "User Connection" sqlserver:General Statistics

just need confirmation, that for option 2) i have to run perfmon on server where sql server is installed.

and for option 1)  from where i have to run perfmon file. means  wcf service  running or on where sql server is installed. wcf service and sql server both are installed on different machine.

the above two way i just found..but if you know any better way..pls explain.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:41 PM

Answers

• for my question..i got answer that for "User Connection" sqlserver:General Statistics , i have to run perfmon where sql server installed..and for ".net data provider for sqlserver" i have to run perfmon where sql connection code is runnning..that means where my wcf services are installed and running.
    Friday, May 31, 2013 11:25 AM

All replies