Can an app that opens IE (navigating it to a special local HTML page) in desktop environment be promoted on the Store as certified desktop Windows 8 app? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to promote on the Windows8 App Store a desktop application that opens IE in the desktop environment feeding it with a special local HTML page. Thanks in advance

Monday, April 23, 2012 1:45 PM

Answers

• Hi P5music,

If your app, meets the requirements as set out here, then it will have functionality in the metro interface. The app, can then refer to the desktop part of the app, and offer a link.

Thanks

Mark

• Marked as answer by mark_1h Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:48 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hi P5music,

I recommend that you review the Certification Requirements for Windows Apps that are available online.  A specific area in the requirements that you should review is the section on how Metro Style Apps should behave.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Mark

Monday, April 23, 2012 3:57 PM
  • Hi, thank you for replying. Sorry but my question is not about Metro Apps, but normal desktop apps, certified for Windows8 desktop so they can be advertised on the App Store.
    Monday, April 23, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Hi P5music,

If your app, meets the requirements as set out here, then it will have functionality in the metro interface. The app, can then refer to the desktop part of the app, and offer a link.

Thanks

Mark

• Marked as answer by mark_1h Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:48 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 8:41 PM