where's my serial number? RRS feed

• Question

• I just tried reinstalling Expression 4 (after a crash with win 8) and am told it's an invalid serial number or product code. What's up? And where can I get the correct one? Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:36 PM

Answers

• That's SuperPreview, not EW.  It can be opened from within EW.   Did you install EW, and open EW?

• Marked as answer by annotate Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:51 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:08 PM

All replies

• Expression Web 4 is now free.

Download and install the free version:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36179

Expression Web MVP

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:56 PM
  • I downloaded that and installed this before posting and I got this crazy page. I want to program pages not choose a browser. Where's the main page? Thanks for your reply. 
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:39 PM
  • Tried to install v3 and it doesn't like my serial number. What gives? I bought these programs and need them to work. Where do I inquire about this? Thanks.
    • Edited by annotate Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:54 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:54 PM
  • I'm getting this. Where is the programming page for HTML? Locally? Thanks.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:45 PM
  • "I got this crazy page. I want to program pages not choose a browser. Where's the main page? Thanks for your reply. "

Er...  You do realize that means nothing to anyone but you, or someone watching over your shoulder?  You've not told us anything about what you mean by that.

Your product key (not serial number - two different things) is in the DVD case the program came in, or in the email you got when you purchased it via download, which you should have saved somewhere safe from disk crashes.  No one else but you can tell you what that product key is.

If EW4 was a free upgrade from EW3, you have to have your copy of EW3 installed first - using *its* product key.

Read the FAQ post at the top of the forum for information about known issues, and see if they match anything you are experiencing.  (Also note the information that this is not a technical support forum, but a user-to-user forum.  In other words, be aware that you are not talking to Microsoft here.)

And, EW4 free version does not require a product key, so that's your best bet.  ... After you fix whatever you mean by "crazy page".

• Edited by KathyW2 Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:53 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:50 PM
  • That's SuperPreview, not EW.  It can be opened from within EW.   Did you install EW, and open EW?

• Marked as answer by annotate Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:51 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:08 PM
  • OK, Kathy. Found the correct program. Don't know what I was opening before. As far as my serial numbers, I download the programs over the Internet and that's the serial numbers I have and have used before. But they don't work now. But as long as this version is now working, doesn't matter I guess. Thanks for you help.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:50 PM
  • Just to clarify, you keep refering to serial numbers.  That's not what you use to activate the program.  You use the product key. ( You may be meaning product key when you keep saying serial number.)

And yes, you don't need them now.  The free EW4 is the latest version.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:02 PM