none
Support matrix for EF with SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any support matrix for EF and SQL Server ?Or it's following .NET framework version ?

Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:10 AM

All replies

• Are there any support matrix for .NET framework program and SQL Server ?

Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:19 AM
  • anyone has the idea ?
    Friday, June 14, 2019 1:22 AM
  • anyone has the idea ?
    Friday, June 14, 2019 1:22 AM
  • Hi,

What is the form of the matrix? There is no direct way to handle matrices in EF. The only way is to treat it as a table and then add it to EF. As to how to add a table, you can follow the document: Code First to a New Database.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 14, 2019 7:31 AM
  • I don't think the OP wants to put a matrix in a database, but a reference to what versions of SQL Server and EF are supported in what versions of .NET.  This would be useful for me and probably others as well.

sakurai_db, please don't repeatedly post asking if anyone has your answer.  Never expect an answer in less than a day or two.  Even then, repeatedly re-asking is considered a nuisance.

Friday, June 14, 2019 2:15 PM
  • I don't think the OP wants to put a matrix in a database, but a reference to what versions of SQL Server and EF are supported in what versions of .NET.  This would be useful for me and probably others as well.

sakurai_db, please don't repeatedly post asking if anyone has your answer.  Never expect an answer in less than a day or two.  Even then, repeatedly re-asking is considered a nuisance.

EF supports MS SQL Server 2005 and above. EF was introduced in .NET Framework 3.5. This is concerning none EF Core. 
    • Proposed as answer by John Boncek Monday, June 24, 2019 4:01 PM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 3:12 PM
  • if I have EF connecting to SQL 2008

and this sql server need to upgrade to 2017

then then EF need to rewrite ? rebuild ?

Friday, June 14, 2019 7:06 PM
  • any idea ?
    Sunday, June 16, 2019 6:28 PM
  • Hi,

If you upgrade SQL2008 to SQL2017, the connection string will change, then you need to reconnect.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by John Boncek Monday, June 24, 2019 4:01 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2019 9:59 AM
  • of coz the connection string need to change.

anything else ?

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:19 PM
  • Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned, there is no other difference between Sql Server2008 and 2017.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:17 AM