Mediaelement and H264 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear all,

well, I spent two days on this, maybe someone will know...

A have a Silverlight WP7 application consuming a custom H264 stream. I have a custom MediaStreamSource implementation and use the SetSource method of my MediaElement to play the video. The MediaElement reports that media has been opened successfully and continues to ask me for new samples via GetSampleAsync. I am continuously feeding H264 video samples (IDR frames and P frames), they are prepended with 0x000001 start codes. The MediaElement reports it is in playing state, no error happens, the media pipeline is running. Well, there is just a small detail, the media element does not render any video...

Can anybody think of a reason why there is no video in the MediaElement? We are pretty sure the H264 frames are correct (baseline profile) and we also pass the correct FourCC, CodecPrivateData etc. at the beginning containing SPS and PPS data. I have played around with timestamps, durations etc. with no success.

Well, I have not checked a real device, only the emulator, but according to docs it should support H264.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:30 AM