Need some help with jquery syntax error Visual Studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently making Windows 8 apps using Construct 2.  Recently, all of my apps have stopped working on Windows 8, and I get this error message related to my apps.

'WWAHost.exe' (Script): Loaded 'Script Code (MSAppHost/1.0)'. 
    Exception was thrown at line 3, column 24970 in ms-appx://13023myappdevname.myappname/jquery-1.7.1.min.js
    0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: SyntaxError
    The program '[3140> WWAHost.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

How can I fix this error?

I am using Windows 8, and Visual Studio 2012.

Monday, March 4, 2013 9:49 AM

All replies

• Did you change your App name somewhere? That error seems so indicate there is some problem with the jQuery library you are loading. Is the <script> tag referencing a valid local source?.

There are some jQuery features that won't work on Win8, that is why some people made adaptations to jQuery in order to work properly with Win8: https://github.com/appendto/jquery-win8

Monday, March 4, 2013 12:14 PM
  • Hi Windows8BeeKeeper,

Does the error point to any code? which line of code in the javascript throwing the error. 

thanks.

Yanping Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:18 AM
  • Sorry I haven't responded to this error guys.  I was using Construct 2 the HMTL 5 Game Engine to create Windows 8 Apps.  I'll get more information related to this error, as I will try to replicate the scenario that causes it.  Thank you.
    Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:44 AM