People app's URI or How to launch the People App RRS feed

• Question

• Does the included Windows 8 People app have a URI that I can use with LaunchUriAsync() to view the contact page for a particular Contact?

I have a list of Contacts in my app, and I'd like to be able to click on the names and launch the People app. Is this possible?

Also, I would love pull the Contact thumbnails for my list of Contacts. Does the People app have any sort of API that I can programmatically query to search for a Contact, and get their thumbnail? The only way I know of to get access to a Contact right now is with the ContactPicker class.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:46 AM

Answers

• I dont think there is a protocol associated with People's app. But that would not be a bad idea.

And to query the contacts, your best bet is to use the live sdk that you can download from the developement resources for windows 8.

Can Bilgin
    Blog CompuSight

• Proposed as answer by Can Bilgin Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Min ZhuMember Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:41 AM

All replies

• I dont think there is a protocol associated with People's app. But that would not be a bad idea.

And to query the contacts, your best bet is to use the live sdk that you can download from the developement resources for windows 8.

Can Bilgin
    Blog CompuSight

• Proposed as answer by Can Bilgin Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Min ZhuMember Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:41 AM
  • The protocol is wlpeople: but its undocumented. It seems to have several parameters though.
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:41 AM
  • What are these parameters? I'm trying to open the app with a specific user. I've tried several version of "wlpeople://?email=email@email.com" with no luck.
    • Edited by JoarGP Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:44 AM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:43 AM
  • Its totally undocumented, and I had not further time to debug the people app (which is very unstable in general).
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:11 AM