MFT driver - using DirectX 2D to edit video frame

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a simple MFT driver which can process a single video frame using DirectX 2D.

In MFT video frame is processing in function:

HRESULT OnProcessOutput(IMFMediaBuffer *pIn, IMFMediaBuffer *pOut);

I don't know how can I create ID2D1DCRenderTarget from IMFMediaBuffer.

So my first question is how can I get ID2D1DCRenderTarget ?

And second, Can you recommend me a book to learn more about DirectX 3D/2D, MFT for beginners?

• Edited by matipxd Friday, May 16, 2014 8:40 PM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 8:39 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You say that you are writing an MFT driver. If you are not an OEM or IHV then you should not be trying to write an MFT driver. If you are just trying to write an MFT for your Windows Store app and wish to use DirectX from the context of your MFT this should be possible. However at this time we do not publish any information on how to do this. While doing this is theoretically possible we currently don't have any guidance.

Thanks,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:53 PM

All replies

• I'll get our DirectX experts on this post.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, May 19, 2014 12:37 PM
  • Hello,

You say that you are writing an MFT driver. If you are not an OEM or IHV then you should not be trying to write an MFT driver. If you are just trying to write an MFT for your Windows Store app and wish to use DirectX from the context of your MFT this should be possible. However at this time we do not publish any information on how to do this. While doing this is theoretically possible we currently don't have any guidance.

Thanks,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:53 PM
  • I am just trying to write MFT for Windows Store/Windows Phone 8.1. Using DirectX I can create for example MFT driver which can add subtitles to the movie or render some funny labels. I don't have a lot of experience in DirectX, but the hardest thing to me is prepare a base to use DirectX in MFT. So how to create DirectX content and use 
    IMFMediaBuffer 

• Edited by matipxd Sunday, July 20, 2014 5:55 PM
    Sunday, July 20, 2014 5:54 PM