none
Migration leading to duplicate resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am facing enormous issues while migrating plans created in msps 2007 to msps 2010.

I am having duplicate resources while migrating plans from msps 2007 to msps 2010 and actuals are not reallocated to resources.

(Side note: In msps 2007(which is locally hosted) , the resources were created using a local domain and in msps 2010 the resources must be created using a different domain for the server which is hosted in a datacenter.

Steps followed:

Installed msp 2010 followed by Service pack 1 and CU August 2012.

Plans created in msp 2007 have been saved locally and were opened and saved in msp 2010.

After publishing the plans in msps 2010; i am having the above issue(Duplicate Resources).

Proposed Solution 1:

Installing MSPS 2010 without the Service Pack 1 (to be installed after migration has been completed).

This solution works for a collegue but it did not work in my situation; while publishing the plans, the following error msg is given:

Job Type:Load

Error ID: 12015(0x2EEF)

Error Description :An internal error occured

I needed to reinstalled SP1 and CU so as to get eliminate the error message as described above.

Is it advisable to proceed as above; migration of plans before installing SP1 patch? It works for a collegue.

Proposed solution 2:

Check the link msps 2010 provided; infact it has been configured in Backward Compatibility Mode.

May be the plans are corrupted; I tried to recovered it by converting the plans in XML and re-import it in mpp.

Infact I did a test, I mapped the link provided  in msp 2007 plans and publish the plans on the 2007 server; there was no duplicate resource.

Can anyone advise me how to proceed with the migration?

Many Thanks

Soudha

• Edited by Soudha Monday, February 25, 2013 4:15 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 4:56 PM

All replies

• When importing the 2007 schedules, simply deselect the option to import the resources to enterprise, but instead map them to an enterprise resource.  That should work.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:51 AM