none
How to make an application in which 3D/2D model copy user's action using Kinect? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I am new to Kinect Development. I want to build an application which have one 3D/2D object (lets say Alex from Madagascar) and that object copies users action. I am able to grab skeleton data from Kinect sensor and also can build stick man. However I don't to how to apply graphics to that data. In nutshell, i don't know where to start for graphics. You can think it as a game in which 3D/2D object copies user.

Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:26 PM

All replies

• You will need to have a firm grasp of the graphics packages and the math required to do such a think. Kinect will only provide you data and has no dependency on a particular graphics or animation package. There are lots of threads discussion about getting the Kinect body joint and joint orientation data and how you might be able to apply that in some scenarios.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, January 23, 2015 6:43 PM
  • What you are looking for is Avetering.but I did not see any example project on it. What you can do for now. Download free models from asset store in Unity,import Kinect package and map it there its easy like that

Vuyiswa Maseko

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:18 PM