Errors again. RRS feed

• Question

• User-867221238 posted
    I was recommended to try the jeremy wadsworth  version.  Well I uploaded it to my site and added the tables to my database and this is what comes up.  I checked the database and the checkschemaversion is there.so how do i fix this?  I am using 1and1.com to host my site.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Source Error:

Line 5:  	Sub Application_Start(ByVal sender As [Object], ByVal e As EventArgs)
    Line 6:  		AddHandler SiteMap.SiteMapResolve, AddressOf Me.AppendQueryString
    Line 7:  		If (Roles.RoleExists("Administrators") = False) Then
    Line 8:  			Roles.CreateRole("Administrators")
    Line 9:  		End If

Source File: E:\kunden\homepages\5\d205327401\global.asax    Line: 7

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857466
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +735078
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +149
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +886
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +415
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +135
       System.Web.Util.SecUtility.CheckSchemaVersion(ProviderBase provider, SqlConnection connection, String[] features, String version, Int32& schemaVersionCheck) +367
       System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider.CheckSchemaVersion(SqlConnection connection) +65
       System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider.RoleExists(String roleName) +482
       System.Web.Security.Roles.RoleExists(String roleName) +242
       ASP.global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\kunden\homepages\5\d205327401\global.asax:7

Thanks for the help :)

Sunday, May 20, 2007 11:06 AM

All replies

• User-867221238 posted

OK I've fixed the original error now I'm getting this error.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 138:
    Line 139:	Public Shared Function GetSiteSettings() As SiteSettings
    Line 140:		Using connection As New SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("Personal").ConnectionString)
    Line 141:			Using command As New SqlCommand("site_GetSiteSettings", connection)
    Line 142:				command.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure

Source File: E:\kunden\homepages\5\d205327401\App_Code\SiteSettingsManager.vb    Line: 140

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       SiteSettingsManager.GetSiteSettings() in E:\kunden\homepages\5\d205327401\App_Code\SiteSettingsManager.vb:140
       PageBase.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\kunden\homepages\5\d205327401\App_Code\PageBase.vb:10
       System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +2012220
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +521

Sunday, May 20, 2007 4:19 PM
  • User595806616 posted

The error you're receiving now, indicates that you don't have a connection string named Personal in your web.config. This also indicates that you may not be using the web.config that was a part of my kit you downloaded.

In order to use my kit, you'll need to either use the database that came with my kit, or make sure you copy all the tables to the new database you create. You should also use the web.config or copy all custom settings that I have added.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 5:57 PM
  • User-1705717250 posted

Take a look at this post, as it has all the steps you need.

http://forums.asp.net/t/1110595.aspx

Hope it helps

Monday, May 21, 2007 4:06 AM
  • User-867221238 posted

OK the site is up and running. I only have one problem at this point.  The "Black" theme won't work.  The top and bottom of the are black but the center is in the defaut theme style and you can't see any of the text when it's like that.   I have reinstalled new themes but I am still getting the problem. www.shadowstalkersguild.net

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:27 PM
  • User-1705717250 posted

Fixed: Removed the theme line from the web.config lefted from testing sorry.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:23 PM