none
Cannot Install .NET Framework 1.1 on Windows 7 64-bit RRS feed

• Question

• I am installing .NET Framework 1.1 on a Windows 7 64-bit. I get the following error description:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

RegSvc.exe -- Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x1240 (4672), Thread id=0x458 (1112)

Click OK to terminate the application. Click CANCEL to debug the application

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am forced to choose the "OK" button since I don't understand how to debug it.

Please help how to successfully install this.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 6:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi AlvinVi,

You don't have to install .NET 1.1 in windows 7. .NET versions are shipped with windows 7. Can you please explain your purpose of installing it ?

Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:21 AM
  • Hi Rukshan,

I am installing a software that specifically asks for .NET Framework 1.1. Every time I get to run the app, I always get this prompt:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SomeApplication.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:

v1.1.4322

Would you like to download and install v1.1.4322 of the .NET Framework now?

[Yes] [No]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I click the button [Yes], it will redirect me to the download location of .NET Framework 1.1. I already did that, and the error from above occurs.

If I click the button [No], the application will exit and discontinue.

I have no choice but to install .NET Framework 1.1 if I need to use the application. :( I really need help on this one.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 12:28 PM
  • Hi, try this link and follow the steps to install .NET 1.1 http://saranspot.blogspot.com/2009/02/installing-dotnet-framework-11-on.html
    • Marked as answer by AlvinVi Friday, May 7, 2010 2:27 PM
    Friday, May 7, 2010 12:21 AM
  • Hi AlvinVi,

Thank you for your post.

To install .NET Framework 1.1 on Windows 7, please try the following steps:
    - Use Cleanup Tool to clear the failure installation of .NET Framework 1.1
    - Download .NET Framework 1.1 and SP1
    .NET Framework 1.1: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
    .NET Framework 1.1 SP1: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&displaylang=en
    - Slipstream .NET Framework 1.1 and SP1 installer as the link that Rukshan posted
    - Install the slipstreamed package
      Note: the installer must be run with administrator privileges - Right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator"

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by AlvinVi Friday, May 7, 2010 2:27 PM
    Friday, May 7, 2010 10:15 AM
  • Ei thanks for the reply, guys :) I have successfully installed the .NET Framework version. Keep up helping :)
    Friday, May 7, 2010 2:30 PM
  • Hi AlvinVi,

You're welcome. I'm so glad to hear this good news.

Have a nice week!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:59 AM
  •  Is that all you know how to say because it is completely wrong!!
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:43 PM
  • i have try and follow the steps to install .NET 1.1 but not successful...
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:32 AM