Image Comparison in coded ui RRS feed

Answers

• I hit with the same issue  an year ago , to get around it ,for the first time I have run the test I have used the same file for master-expected and for Tolerence.Png , I got the master-actual file generated from the previous run and using a photoediting software I blacked out the areas that needs tolerance and named it as Tolerance.png ,replacing my previous file

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Hi

Some other tips that will assist you are.

Once you have your tolernace.png file your tests might still fail. The reason for this is noticable if you put your Tolerance.png file into an image editor and adjust the brightness and contrast.

You will notice that there are 'rogue' pixels and these might diffr from run to run.

What we did was to get the dimentions of the Tolerace.png file and create a brand new file that has a completle black background. This get rid of those rogue pixels  and the tests will start to pass

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:07 PM

All replies

• I hit with the same issue  an year ago , to get around it ,for the first time I have run the test I have used the same file for master-expected and for Tolerence.Png , I got the master-actual file generated from the previous run and using a photoediting software I blacked out the areas that needs tolerance and named it as Tolerance.png ,replacing my previous file

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Hi

Some other tips that will assist you are.

Once you have your tolernace.png file your tests might still fail. The reason for this is noticable if you put your Tolerance.png file into an image editor and adjust the brightness and contrast.

You will notice that there are 'rogue' pixels and these might diffr from run to run.

What we did was to get the dimentions of the Tolerace.png file and create a brand new file that has a completle black background. This get rid of those rogue pixels  and the tests will start to pass

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:07 PM