none
VPN connection unstable after gateway maintenance activity RRS feed

• Question

• The status page for my Azure VPN Gateway has the following "Last Event Message":

Maintenance completed for the gateway for the following virtual network: TGV PRODUCTION.

Coincidentally, my VPN connection started disconnecting and reconnecting frequently since then. Ping also switches frequently between success and packet drops.

Last Event ID is 23009. Last Event Timestamp 10/27/2017 6:48:21 PM

Saturday, October 28, 2017 8:31 AM

Answers

• Hi. My on-prem network vendor just informed me that their network is being attacked. The issue is nothing to do with Azure. Sorry for taking your time, and thank you very much.
    Sunday, October 29, 2017 1:05 AM

All replies

• How often does it disconnect?

Is it after a period of inactivity or is it every hour?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

• Edited by Nirushi J Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:06 AM
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:05 AM
  • This server never has inactivity.

There is no historical log of disconnects in Azure Portal, so I am analysing the frequency based on my own connectivity monitor. I cannot discern any regular interval between disconnects:

- 10:15pm
    - 10:19pm
    - 11:19pm
    - 1:02am
    - 1:07am
    - 1:29am
    - 1:40am
    - 2:09am
    - 2:30am

Saturday, October 28, 2017 2:00 PM
  • Hi. My on-prem network vendor just informed me that their network is being attacked. The issue is nothing to do with Azure. Sorry for taking your time, and thank you very much.
    Sunday, October 29, 2017 1:05 AM
  • No problem. Thanks for posting back to let us know what the issue was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Sunday, October 29, 2017 4:16 AM