DB2 ADAPTER - Package collection,Default schema RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hi,

I am trying to poll the data from the db2 database.

the package collection is the name of the AS/400 library .

I successfully setup the connection string.

I got below error when I configured my Receive location.

The adapter "DB2" raised an error message. Details "mytablename?TABLE in MyPackageCollectiontype *N not found. SQLSTATE: 42704, SQLCODE: -204".

I am a BizTalk developer, as I am unable to convey my db2(mainframe) developer what is "Package collection/Default schema". Please give me the DB2 COMMANDS to find out Package collection,Default schema  of the given table in the db2 database.

i.e Is there any db2 commands to find out Package collection,Default schema ??

vaibhav

Thursday, January 5, 2017 11:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Vaibhav,,

Package collection is the Name of the AS/400 library in which the packages for the provider are created and stored and 
    Default schema is typically, this is the name of the AS/400 library in which the tables are accessed.

Both of them should be provided by DB2 Administrator and as you have successfully tested the connection, I dont see any issue with them.

I would advice you to refer the article: Configuring a Data Source for OLE DB Provider for DB2 and go through the description provided for the property-  Package collection and the rights to e provided for Multi-user environment.

Also refer the IBM support page for the Error Code you have encountered: -204 name IS AN UNDEFINED NAME

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:34 AM
  • The adapter "DB2" raised an error message. Details "mytablename?TABLE in MyPackageCollectiontype *N not found. SQLSTATE: 42704, SQLCODE: -204".

I got the above error because 'Journal ' on as400 is not turned on.

Once they turned journal on , the error is gone.

vaibhav

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Vaibhav,,

Package collection is the Name of the AS/400 library in which the packages for the provider are created and stored and 
    Default schema is typically, this is the name of the AS/400 library in which the tables are accessed.

Both of them should be provided by DB2 Administrator and as you have successfully tested the connection, I dont see any issue with them.

I would advice you to refer the article: Configuring a Data Source for OLE DB Provider for DB2 and go through the description provided for the property-  Package collection and the rights to e provided for Multi-user environment.

Also refer the IBM support page for the Error Code you have encountered: -204 name IS AN UNDEFINED NAME

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:34 AM
  • The adapter "DB2" raised an error message. Details "mytablename?TABLE in MyPackageCollectiontype *N not found. SQLSTATE: 42704, SQLCODE: -204".

I got the above error because 'Journal ' on as400 is not turned on.

Once they turned journal on , the error is gone.

vaibhav

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:23 PM