Add In Help: How to enable the "Exclude from Build" property in MakeFile configs. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get VS2008 to compile a none-pc platform as we have to port some of our projects over to a this platform. I've created some new project configs for the platform and set the project type to 'makefile'. However, I lose the ability to get properties on a file and select "exclude from build". The other configs are vanilla libs and exe's so that exclusion information is preset in the vcproj file, but just not editable from the makefile config. Is there a way to re-enable it?

Also, I would like to add some other properties to the makefile configs 'configuration properties' section. Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance,

-Richie
    Monday, May 17, 2010 2:23 PM

Answers

• Hello, Richie

When we set the file configurations, it actually set an xml element for configuration to the VCBuild Script.

It actually add something like

<FileConfiguration

Name="Debug|Win32"

ExcludedFromBuild="true"

>

Under

<File

RelativePath=".\Product.cpp"

>

</File>

And the VCBuild build the project according to this script.

But for Makefile project, it does not support such file configuration. If you add this configuration directly, you will receive an error. So it is not possible to add such configuration.

Thanks

Chao

• Marked as answer by Chao Kuo Monday, May 24, 2010 2:40 AM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:31 AM