none
Outlook Appointments auto generated from SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• We have a SQLServer 2012 Database that contains info about our work orders and I'm wondering if it's possible to display the data on an Outlook 2013 Calendar.

I'm willing to consider various way to achieve this but I was thinking possibly a custom appointment form for Outlook might work.

We have exchange server, SQL Server and SharePoint in house.

Thanks in advance!

Monday, July 27, 2015 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Jerry_TKO,

>>Outlook Appointments auto generated from SQL Server<<
    Based on my understanding, we can write a custom program to retrieve the data from SQL server and automate the Outlook to create appointment based on these data.

And here is an helpful link for creaing appointment using C#:
    How to: Programmatically Create Appointments

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hello Jerry,

Custom forms is a relatively old technology. Instead, I'd recommend developing a COM-based add-in with a form region. For example, you may develop a VSTO based add-in, see Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-In for Outlook to get started quickly. And the Creating Outlook Form Regions section in MSDN provides all the required information about form regions. In that case you will be able to use .Net BCL and connect easily your DB with SharePoint sites.

Monday, July 27, 2015 8:03 PM
  • Hi Jerry_TKO,

>>Outlook Appointments auto generated from SQL Server<<
    Based on my understanding, we can write a custom program to retrieve the data from SQL server and automate the Outlook to create appointment based on these data.

And here is an helpful link for creaing appointment using C#:
    How to: Programmatically Create Appointments

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:27 AM