none
InfoPath 2013 and SharePoint Online data connection issue

Question

• I have InfoPath 2013 installed. I can create a form, create data connections to one SharePoint Online tenant, and publish forms. Everything seems to work.

However, I want to design forms for another SharePoint Online tenant. When I go into the Data Connection wizard, I put in the URL of the site and I'm prompted for credentials. I enter the username and password and get a message saying "the user id or password is incorrect. Please try again."

The user ID and password in question work perfectly fine when logging into the same SharePoint Online site through the browser. So the problem isn't that the password is wrong, but for some reason InfoPath won't accept it.

As I said, it works perfectly fine on one Office 365 tenant, but not the other.

Monday, March 13, 2017 4:07 PM

Answers

• I've found the answer to my own problem. It was because the second SharePoint tenant had multi-factor authentication enforced. When I entered my username and password, it should have triggered the sending of a code to my phone - but InfoPath just decided not to allow the login instead.

Turning off multi-factor seems to be the fix.

• Marked as answer by Jessica Meats Monday, March 13, 2017 5:27 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 5:27 PM

All replies

• I've found the answer to my own problem. It was because the second SharePoint tenant had multi-factor authentication enforced. When I entered my username and password, it should have triggered the sending of a code to my phone - but InfoPath just decided not to allow the login instead.

Turning off multi-factor seems to be the fix.

• Marked as answer by Jessica Meats Monday, March 13, 2017 5:27 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 5:27 PM
  • Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:06 AM