none
Svg Images is not loading in Bing map for IE 10. (I checked this in IE 10.0.9200.17607), In SDK itself RRS feed

• Question

• Svg Images is not loading in Bing map for IE 10. (I checked this in IE 10.0.9200.17607), In SDK itself. See attached screen, please!

So, we are using this in our application, and found SVG images is not rendering with only Bing Maps. Because, svg images are properly loading in other part of our application using Ext grids. 

Please provide some pointers if anyone came across such issue!

Bing Push Pins

Friday, October 28, 2016 12:20 PM

Answers

• I just tested on IE10 and SVG's work fine. That said, its' worth noting that IE10 isn't documented as a supported browser for Bing Maps V8. Bing Maps V8 does work on it, but IE1- has a fairly limited support for HTM5, poor performance and a very small marketshare.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, October 28, 2016 5:52 PM
  • The Bing Maps website uses the same SDK. Inline SVG’s can be temperamental in IE10. I can’t reproduce the issue using the ISDK. That said, even if there is an issue, it is unlikely to be fixed. IE10 is not a supported browser. I have logged a bug for this, but this is considered very low priority since this browser is not supported.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:06 PM

All replies

• I just tested on IE10 and SVG's work fine. That said, its' worth noting that IE10 isn't documented as a supported browser for Bing Maps V8. Bing Maps V8 does work on it, but IE1- has a fairly limited support for HTM5, poor performance and a very small marketshare.

Friday, October 28, 2016 5:52 PM
  • Hi Ricky

Please see below screenshot, We are unable to see pushpins below (with Browser details mentioned).

1. Can you please provide which IE 10 version, where you are able to see push-pins in Bing Map ?
    2. Although, if you try with IE10 from IE11 (i.e. By downgrading IE version to IE 10 through Dev. Tools), then pushpin is able to render) I hope you are not checking that way.

Regards,
    Kunal Goel

Monday, October 31, 2016 7:01 AM
  • Can you try the bing maps website. Search for a business. If it finds on a purple pushpin should appear. That pushpin is also an svg.

Monday, October 31, 2016 3:35 PM
  • I have checked on "Bing map web site", It is working there.
    But, Since we are referring to SDK: http://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdk/mapcontrol/isdk#overview
    We are unable to see pins there in IE10 in our instances. Also, I have checked SDK's "Release" and "Experimental" branches both, None of them is able to render push pins in IE 10.

Can you please check with your team, if you can suggest some workaround to overcome this in IE10 for us?
    If not, Please confirm if could provide us any fix (similar to as that of "Bing Maps Website")?

Kunal Goel

Regards, Kunal Goel

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:58 PM
  • The Bing Maps website uses the same SDK. Inline SVG’s can be temperamental in IE10. I can’t reproduce the issue using the ISDK. That said, even if there is an issue, it is unlikely to be fixed. IE10 is not a supported browser. I have logged a bug for this, but this is considered very low priority since this browser is not supported.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:06 PM