Can't export to file SQL RS in web application RRS feed

• Question

• User505987287 posted

We have an web application that uses reports in SQLRS 2012.

We can access the reports in the webapp using the reportviewer controls the problem is when we try to export we get and (401) Unauthorized error. But when you try to export directly from the SQLRS, it is ok.

We configured the webapp to use impersonate. It is impersonating a domain account.

Could be a temporary folder issue? Can you please help.

Thanks,

Chris

Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:01 AM

Answers

• User505987287 posted

I already found the problem.

\Main\Reports

The developer who did the web application put an impersonate line in the web.config under the reports subfolder of the application where the RS reports are called.

That also explained why I’m receiving an affinity related error during the export if I ran the webpool with another user.

I think the webcontrol of RS are executed using the webpool user since the handler is called from the main folder of the webapp not from the subfolder.

So I remove the impersonate line in the web.config under the report subfolder and it fixed the problem.

Now I’m scrutinizing the developers why it is not mentioned on their documentation. Laughing

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:38 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi ccpaulin

From the description above, this is more about SQL reporting services issue, and Microsoft has specific SQL Server Reporting Services forum to support SQL reporting services issue, I think you could get help there,

Moreover, I’d also like to suggest you to check the reporting services error log files, for this 401 unauthorized error, you can look into the log to check whether any account is denied by reporting services,

Best regards

yanjin xu

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:00 PM
  • User505987287 posted

I already found the problem.

\Main\Reports

The developer who did the web application put an impersonate line in the web.config under the reports subfolder of the application where the RS reports are called.

That also explained why I’m receiving an affinity related error during the export if I ran the webpool with another user.

I think the webcontrol of RS are executed using the webpool user since the handler is called from the main folder of the webapp not from the subfolder.

So I remove the impersonate line in the web.config under the report subfolder and it fixed the problem.

Now I’m scrutinizing the developers why it is not mentioned on their documentation. Laughing

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:38 PM