none
Date-Picker exist in Office 365 Excel 2013 64 bit. Does it work in it or not? RRS feed

• Question

• I keep seeing a lot of questions about date picker and some saying it will work in Excel 2013 Office 365 and some saying it will not. Does it work or not? A simple Yes or No with explanation would be great. If it does work then how do I get it to implement a calendar correctly so that when I open the Excel form again my drop-down box isn't all gray or moved or not able to be selected easily?  If it does not work due to Active-X controls or anything else then how do I get it to work and have very little to no errors or issues at all?
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:23 PM

Answers

• Hi DLippert,

Date-Picker control is part of Windows common controls instead of Excel built-in control. Could you insert a Date-Picker control in your Excel 2013? If not, you will need to download mscomct2.cab file and then register the ocx file. Since the download site for mscomct2.cab is corrupt, you will need to copy this file from other pcs.

Also, you could develop your own ActiveX control with date-picker, and then register it.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 8, 2016 5:24 AM
  • Hi DLippert,

Please try this:
    Put a Date Picker Calendar on an Excel Worksheet

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 12:05 AM

All replies