none
WCF-SAP Listener Gateway SAP Inbound Handler was not specified RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm having troubles connecting to SAP, I just want to read the IDocs, and save them to some local folder.I succeeded in connecting to SAP through Visual Studio, however, I am having this exception while specifying the Receive Location: The parameter Listener Gateway Server required for SAP Inbound Handler was not specified.

The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "SAPRecLoc" with URL "sap://CLIENT=300;LANG=EN;@a/SAPxxx/01?GWHOST=SAPxxx&ListenerGwHost=SAPxxx&ListenerProgramId=BIZTALKPROG&RfcSdkTrace=False&AbapDebug=False" to the adapter "WCF-SAP". Reason: "Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionException: The parameter Listener Gateway Server required for SAP Inbound Handler was not specified.

Regards

BizTalk Consultant in France
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Do you see any errors in  event log ?

Also can you ask the SAP guy to do a connectino test for your ProgramID (which I think is BIZTALKPROG) using

transaction SM59 in SAP and see if connection test to your receive location succeeds ?

Rohit Singh
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:02 AM

All replies

•  

please therrer he SAP connection URI for inbound scenarios -

http://207.46.16.252/en-us/library/dd788617(BTS.10).aspx

You  need to provide the value of "Gateway Service" for the RFC destinaton .

Value us of the form : sapgw00, sapgw10 etc.

sap://CLIENT=300;LANG=EN;@a/SAPxxx/01?GWHOST=SAPxxx&ListenerGwServ=sapgw00&ListenerGwHost=SAPxxx&ListenerProgramId=BIZTALKPROG&RfcSdkTrace=False&AbapDebug=False

Rohit Singh
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:40 AM
  • Hi Rohit,

Thx for your feedback.

Indeed I had to specify the ListnerGwServ=sapgw01, however, I still got this error for a receive location Details: ErrorCode=RFC_OK. ErrorGroup=RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION. SapErrorMessage=Connect to SAP gateway failed.

I corrected this error by specifying "sapgw01         3301/tcp" in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services file.

Now I am facing the issue of not finding any IDoc inside SAP. The guy from SAP is saying that the IDocs are there, however I have a receive location (passthruh pippeline) and a send port filtered (linked to this receive location) and NO file/stream is retrieved from SAP.

Am I missing something? is there some parameter in the recieve location saying that I am waiting for IDocs? What is the "status" or (equivalent SAP word) of the IDoc in order fo it to be consumed by BizTalk Server?

Regards,

Stefan

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:33 AM
  • I even specified the ReceiveIdocFormat to String

Question : Do I need to deploy the IDoc schemas in order to consume them? Or could I just save locally all the IDocs that are present?

Regards

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:56 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you see any errors in  event log ?

Also can you ask the SAP guy to do a connectino test for your ProgramID (which I think is BIZTALKPROG) using

transaction SM59 in SAP and see if connection test to your receive location succeeds ?

Rohit Singh
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:02 AM
  • You need to deploy the schema only when you are using an XML Send/Receive pipeline (the XML pipleine needs the schema of all messges flowing through it, if it can't find the schema it will log an error in the eventlog and suspend the message).

The adapter, however doesn't need any schema to be deployed. It will process the message irrespective of wether any schema is deployed or not .

One thing you should check is that you have added

C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack\bin\Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.BiztalkPropertySchema.dll

to the "Resources" of the biztalk application.

This can ve done by : biztalk admin console > your application > Resources >Add> Resources... >Add

and then adding the dll mentioned above.

Rohit Singh
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:10 AM
  • Hi Rohit,

No there is no error in the EventLog, I even added the corresponding listner in BTSNTSvc.exe.config to check what are the warnings sent by BizTalk, but the Eventlog remains desperatly empty, and the receive location is up and runing.

I asked the SAP guy, but the SM59 is OK, and the WE20 and WE21 as well.

Any other idea of why BizTalk Server cannot read these IDocs?

Regards,

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:16 PM
  • Actually, IDOC transfer doesn't happen by pull form BizTalk.

It 's actally  a PUSH from SAP.

Biztalk SAP adapter just registers an endponit with SAP(with the given Program ID) , where SAP will be rounting the messages sent to the particular program ID.

You will have to check why is SAP not pushing these IDOCs to the BizTalk  receive location.

Can you check if the IDOCs show in transaction WE02/WE05 in SAP.

If yes, what is the status of the Outbound IDOCS.

Rohit Singh
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:38 PM
  • I asked the guy from SAP and the IDoc status was 03. I think this is the status that BizTalk Server is looking for.

Can you point me to some url, that indicates how to configure SAP? for example does SAP need to specify the URL or the BizTalk Server DNS name? What are the other parameters that need to be set?

Regards,

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:46 PM
  • OK, in fact the SM59 transaction on SAP was not correctly set, now the guys have corrected the issue, and BizTalk Server, is getting the IDocs, Thx Rohit of sharing my stress :-)

Regards,

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:58 PM