none
Need to develop AddIns program in VB.Net to create menu bars, standard buttons etc which will perform some function and parse the data dynamically in structures which will display in MS Office Programs like in Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Powerpoint. RRS feed

• Question

• Description: - Need to develop AddIns program in VB.Net to create menu bars, standard buttons etc which will perform some function and parse the data dynamically in structures which will display in MS Office Programs like in Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Powerpoint.

Kindly assist if we have any free/paid library/software available like AddIns kit to create such kind of AddIns program in MS Office.

Kindly help, I will be really thankful.

Regards, S.P Singh

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi S.P Singh,

for a VB.NET platform you can use VSTO.

every Office Application has an Object Model that you can use to develop and it is free of cost.

with that you can get the advantages , features and functionality of Object Oriented Language VB.

with the use of Visual Studio, you can easily develop VSTO Addins.

Templates are available in that.

below are some links that will help you to get the detail information.

Getting Started Programming VSTO Add-ins

Create VSTO Add-ins for Office by using Visual Studio

Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-in for Excel

Below are the references for object models.

Word Object Model Overview

Excel Object Model Overview

Object model (PowerPoint VBA reference)

Outlook Object Model Overview

below is the link to download Visual Studio.

Visual Studio Downloads

I hope, these much resources are enough for you to start development for Office.

further , if you have any questions then you can ask it.

we will try to provide you a suggestions to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 4, 2018 6:55 AM
  • Hi S.P Singh,

Is your issue resolved?

I find that, After creating this thread, You did not done any follow up on this thread.

If your issue is solved then I suggest you to share your solution and mark it as an answer.

If your issue is still persist then I suggest you to refer the suggestions given by the community members may help you to solve your issue.

If then after you have any further questions then you can let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve it.

I suggest you to update the status of this thread. This thread is still open and will remain open until you mark the answer.

So take appropriate steps to close this thread , If your issue is resolved.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:48 AM