DevOps pipelines SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I am trying to create an deployment process for SSIS through Azure DevOps pipelines. Currently I managed to build the solution and push the build solution (ispac) to an artifact location, following this post http://chamindac.blogspot.com/2018/09/build-and-deploy-ssis-with-azure-devops.html.

Next step is to deploy that solution to a server. Have somebody managed that via following this post or using other tasks? Via the last step 'Publish Artifact: drop', the file is published to an artifact: drop/Test/bin/Development/Test.ispac, but via next step there isn't any option to pick it from this location. Below pictures and logs. 

- Last step of built: it publish the ispac to artifact drop/Test/bin/Development/Test.ispac

PublishArtifact

##[section]Starting: Publish Artifact: drop
    ==============================================================================
    Task         : Publish build artifacts
    Description  : Publish build artifacts to Azure Pipelines or a Windows file share
    Version      : 1.151.1
    Author       : Microsoft Corporation
    Help         : https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/devops/pipelines/tasks/utility/publish-build-artifacts
    ==============================================================================
    ##[section]Async Command Start: Upload Artifact
    Uploading 1 files
    File upload succeed.
    Upload 'D:\a\1\a' to file container: '#/3752292/drop'
    Associated artifact 809 with build 5782
    ##[section]Async Command End: Upload Artifact
    ##[section]Finishing: Publish Artifact: drop

- Deploy 

I tried to use the Deploy SSIS task (also mentioned on the post) 

DeploySSIS

1st attempt: I tried to use path to ispac file: $(System.DefaultWorkingDirectory)/_TST_PipelineDeployment/drop/Test.ispac and I got the below error

2019-07-17T14:47:19.5842936Z ##[error]Task_InternalError Cannot access project file path: D:\a\r1\a\_TST_PipelineDeployment\drop\Test.ispac

2nd attempt: I tried to use path to ispac file:  $(Build.ArtifactStagingDirectory)/drop/Test/bin/Development/Test.ispac and I got the below error

2019-07-18T09:56:14.3067381Z ##[error]Task_InternalError Cannot access project file path: D:\a\r1\a\$(Build.ArtifactStagingDirectory)\drop\Test\bin\Development\Test.ispac

3rd attempt: I tried to use path to ispac file:  #/3752292/drop/Test/bin/Development/Test.ispac and I got the below error 

2019-07-18T11:49:31.8231177Z ##[error]Task_InternalError Cannot access project file path: D:\a\r1\a\#\3752292\drop\Test\bin\Development\Test.ispac

p.s. I post that question to SSIS forum, as it's more relevant. 

Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Zoe,

My mistake was that I hadn't choose the correct build artifact, that's why I couldn't find the build file. 

Thank you for your reply

• Marked as answer by AngelosPs Monday, July 22, 2019 9:10 AM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi AngelosPs,

The error tells that it doesn’t have permission to access the path you specify. If your agent is run as a windows service, make sure the service account has permission to access the path where the .ispac file is at.

You need to contact Toxicglobe on the VSTS Mareketplace page, please refer to SSISDeployPackage.

Also, you can follow the steps in these links to resolve your issues, please refer to Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file and Fix: Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path or File Error.

Regards,

Zoe

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Zoe Gu Monday, July 22, 2019 1:54 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by AngelosPs Monday, July 22, 2019 9:10 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 3:09 AM
  • Hi Zoe,

My mistake was that I hadn't choose the correct build artifact, that's why I couldn't find the build file. 

Thank you for your reply

• Marked as answer by AngelosPs Monday, July 22, 2019 9:10 AM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 9:10 AM
  • Does somebody was able to build that solution without using a task from Marketplace?
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:35 AM