none
Outlook 2010 form region preview pane RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a form region (replace-all) that I use for Outlook 2013 & 2016 that works wonderfully. When I load may addin in Outlook 2010 the form region in the preview pane does not work. I do not even get an event to load the form region. I notice all the examples I have seen, the XML manifest file does not set he "showReadingPane" value to true. Is the preview pane supported in Outlook 2010?

Monday, August 6, 2018 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hello Thomas Lee3,

Outlook 2010 surely support preview pane. However, it is hard to say if it could support your custom form region.

Usually while developing a add-in, we need consider its Backward Compatibility. The common solution is to develop your add-in in an earlier version outlook. Could you create a new Office 2010 Outlook add-in to check if it is related to Outlook version?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:39 AM
  • Hi Terry,

I have created a VS 2015 sample project that demonstrates the issue. However I cannot find a way to upload the project zip file. I will provide the source as soon as I come up with a way for you to see it, :-)

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:04 PM
  • Code at githup 
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:17 PM
  • An update from Microsoft.

I submitted a payed incident support case (118080818748128). After three weeks Microsoft told me that they will not support Outlook 2010 anymore. Yep, it took them three weeks to tell me that. After I created a sample addin for them and demonstrated the issues to them they waited three weeks to tell me they would not support Outlook 2010.

I have concluded that the form region replace-all logic positively does not work for Outlook 2010 and should not be attempted. I can positively tell you that the adjoining logic works for Outlook 2010, but any replacement should not be attempted.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 7:37 PM