none
[MS-OXCPRPT] RopCopyProperties - Exchange 2010 product behaviour for CopyFlags RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm investigating a behaviour difference when running our client side tests for RopCopyProperties against Exchange 2010.

MS-OXCPRPT Section 2.2.10.1.2 shows the valid CopyFlags. If I set either Move or NoOverwrite, it works fine. If I set both, Exchange 2010 returns MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER. Previous versions of Exchange (including 2007 SP3) don't appear to do this. I don't see anything in MS-OXCPRPT that prohibits both being used, and I think there are valid scenarios for use of both flags.

Questions:

1. Is use of both flags supposed to be possible? That is, what should be the "compliant" behaviour (Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010 style)?

2. What should the product behaviour notes for this indicate?

Brad

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Brad,

Thank you for your patience.  The investigation into this issue reveals that Outlook does not use this flag combination.  Exchange 2010 does not support the flag combination and returns MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER.  I have requested a Behavior Note be added to the documentation to document this behavior change for Exchange Server 2010.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:52 PM

All replies

• Brad,

Someone from our team will be responding to you shortly in regards to your questions.

Dominic Salemno
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:05 PM
  • Hi Brad,

I am investigating this issue and will follow up with you asap.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:35 PM
  • Hi Brad,

Thank you for your patience.  The investigation into this issue reveals that Outlook does not use this flag combination.  Exchange 2010 does not support the flag combination and returns MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER.  I have requested a Behavior Note be added to the documentation to document this behavior change for Exchange Server 2010.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:52 PM
  • Mark,

Thanks for this information. I've disabled this part of the test for Exchange 2010.

Brad

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:07 AM