none
windows 8.1 problem using file explored for ftp RRS feed

• Question

• With 8.1 using file explorer, if I use copy and paste to try to overwrite a file on my website, the result is the deletion of the file. This worked fine on vista, 7, and 8. Also, FileZilla works on 8.1 so that's what I'm using until this gets fixed. But file explorer is more convenient so I am hoping is is fixed soon.

Friday, November 1, 2013 8:19 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your feedback for Windows 8.

You can submit it to our feedback website:

http://connect.microsoft.com/

If the development team recognize it was a bug, they will fix it on next update.

Thank you for your information.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:45 AM

All replies

• Since upgrading to windows 8.1, ftp transfer does not work correctly anymore with filezilla neither. Some files are not transferred, with an error message "Could not start transfer". When trying to access these files on server, they are indicated as "in use, cannot be accessed". 
    Friday, November 1, 2013 10:21 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your feedback for Windows 8.

You can submit it to our feedback website:

http://connect.microsoft.com/

If the development team recognize it was a bug, they will fix it on next update.

Thank you for your information.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:45 AM