My Samsung Tablet touch screen is acting up. Often does not work after reboot. RRS feed

• Question

• So it appears my tablet is starting to die.  The Touch Screen is unresponsive even after a reboot.  Is there any HW support?  Where can I send it for service?
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• Have you tried doing reset/refresh? We have to remember that we are in pre beta so there could be software issues the longer with use the OS.  Doing a reset will give you back a fresh start of the OS. 
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 5:53 AM
  • I just went to Control Panel/Recovery and Reset my PC.  I'm still experiencing a non-responsive touch screen.  I'm thinking this is a HW problem.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 11:41 PM
  • You might indeed be experiencing hardware failure with your unit, which in case you would want to go to the Windows Developer Preview support site to submit a support incident.

rafael

Microsoft Consumer Software & Services Support (CS3)
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 10:10 PM
    Answerer
  • I sometimes see touch issues with the power adaptor connected. When I unplug power, the touch behaves well again. It seems the (perhaps noisy) power adaptor is disturbing the touch circuitry somehow.

/ Hannes.

Monday, October 24, 2011 7:04 AM
  • I was ready to defenstrate it - unplugging helped. Thanks for the tip!
    Monday, May 7, 2012 1:27 AM
  • A cold boot (shut down, then turn on) has helped me, where a simple restart has not. Perhaps the touch circuitry needs to completely lose power in order to reset itself.

/ Hannes.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 7:25 AM