none
ADVv2 Custom Activity with Many Dependencies - "Total size of resourceFiles cannot be more than 32768 characters"

Question

• I have a C# exe that I need to run in ADF v2 as a custom activity. When we execute it, we get "Total size of resourceFiles cannot be more than 32768 characters" . I've read where you have to zip everything up. I did that and put 7zip in the blob container with the zip. When I execute the command below, I get an error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Command: 7z e TestCustomActivity.zip  && TestCustomActivity.exe

Error:  "errorCategory": 0, "code": "CommandProgramNotFound", "message": "The specified command program is not found", "details": [ { "Name": "CommandLine", "Value": "7z e TestCustomActivity.zip -y && TestCustomActivity.exe" }, { "Name": "Message", "Value": "The system cannot find the file specified.\r\n" } ],

Sunday, October 7, 2018 6:17 PM

Answers

• I finally figured this out, so I thought I would include the answer in case others are having the same issue. If you have a lot of reference files in your publish folder for your project, zip them and your exe into a 7zip file.

For the command in your custom activity, this is what worked for me: 

cmd  /C "7z e -y TestCustomActivity.7z  &&  TestCustomActivity.exe"

You will need the 7z.dll and 7z.exe in your blob storage location that your 7zip file is located.

• Marked as answer by NancyBoyette Monday, October 8, 2018 2:41 PM
    Monday, October 8, 2018 2:41 PM