Add Pushpin location to location but the location where pushpins are added does not display country name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have added Pushpin to my map but the problem is  pushpin is display at particular location but location name is not display in map.

For Example - I have added pushpin to North America region and Australia so in Map (has Zoom:1)  it show pushpin to North America but did not Display North America on Map. Or else  i can say where ever pushpin are added it doesn't show location name.

Regards:

Neha

Neha

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

No this different one,

I am facing problem in Displaying Location name if pushpin are added to that location.

For Example - If i load map with zoom:1 view it display whole world view with country name .

and in this view if i added any pushpin to any country area then it doesn't display country name .Ideally if i add any pushpin to any location it should display country name along with pushpin.

Also i cant hard code location to add pushpin it comes randomly from database.

This is not happening.Can you please advise what would be the root cause or Bing map has this default functionality that it not display if pushpin are added to any location.

Regards:

Neha 

Neha

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:07 PM
  • Hi Neha,

I am not sure exactly what you are experiencing but have you tried labeling using pushpin?  For example (bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/#Custom%20Map%20Labels) would let you add the exact labels you want in the positions you want.

While I don't know your exact scenario, map labels generally appear or disappear based on the room available to display them.  If you are placing a pin that takes up an appreciable amount of space at zoom:1 the map is likely deciding it does not have room for the label.  You can test this behavior in other zoom levels and locations as well as with different push pin sizes and types.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:17 PM
  • I think what you're describing is intentional. When pins are added to the map, they will collide with other labels and so be unreadable as the label is partially covered with the pin. An unreadable label is pretty useless and just noise on the map, so the map control will hide the label giving preference to the pin which has been added by the user application.

You can label your pin with the country name as suggested above (you can find the country by using the reverse geocode API).

Alternatively if you really want to allow collisions between map labels and pins, you can switch the map control to "lite" mode which will use raster tiles where the labels are always shown and the map pins just sit on top of them.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 11:26 PM