tile notifications RRS feed

• General discussion

• is there anyway i can create a MUCH MORE audible alert when i get a tile notiification
    Friday, January 13, 2012 1:43 PM

All replies

• "Tile" notification type does not have an audible alert...Do you mean "Toast" notification? (... or maybe Alarms?)

The alert associated with "Toast" notifications is not configurable.  

You can set a custom sound for an Alarm but there is no way for the application to control the volume at which the alarm is played.

Friday, January 13, 2012 3:28 PM
  • what i really want to do is to alert the user via an audible alert when i get an update from the server that there is some work to be done by the user

i am currently using Tile & toast notifications - but the sound for a toast is very subtle and not really loud or long enough

i was thinking of creating a background task that plays background audio depending on the tile message status - but that seems very clumsy

any ideas greatfully received
    Friday, January 13, 2012 5:56 PM
  • I do not think having a background task running all the time to check the message on the tile is a very good idea, this just ends up in a waste of resources most of the time and reduces battery life for the user.

You can try and do Raw Notifications and play a sound in your app when you receive one, but to receive a raw notification the app needs to be running already otherwise it is discarded.
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:54 PM
  • A agree - but Surely there must be some way of creating a "noticable" audible alert when a server update is pushed to the device (especially when the app is not running)?????
    Friday, February 3, 2012 10:07 AM