none
How can I get new WHCK signed driver by changing INF file only? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, there is one driver already passed WHCK test and signed.

Now I want to change hardware ids in INF file only. All other driver files (.dll and .sys) will not be changed.

Then what do I need to do? Do I have to do WHCK test again and submit the driver package as a new submission? or I can just reuse the old WHCK report and submit to the certification system with the new INF file?

Friday, November 30, 2012 12:31 AM

Answers

• Can I do this if I want to sign the windows 8 driver even though the driver is the same for windows 7?

Thanks,

Jason

I thinks it's no problem if the driver support both and pass HCK test. But you have to submit to Microsoft for gets Win8 certification file (cat).

Thanks, Steve

Friday, February 1, 2013 1:36 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can gets new WHQL signature file after do the DUA submission if the new driver package change INF only.

DUA submission step by step below:

To update a WLK previous submission using the Driver Update Acceptable (DUA) process

1. From Manage Logo, click the submission ID.

2. Click Download WST File and click Save.

3. Open the Winqual Submission Tool application and select Driver Update Submission from the Submission Type drop-down menu.

4. Click Submission > Open, and then select the WST (WQReady.xml) file.

5. Confirm that the driver folder location is correct, and then click Create Package.

6. This creates the .cab file package.

7. Go back the Manage Logo area in the Dashboard, search by ID, and click Upload Driver Update.

8. Use the new DUA .xml and .cab file that was created by WST and complete the DUA wizard.

To resell a submission

1. On the Manage logo page, click the ID of the approved submission you want to resell, and then open the Summary & Tasks tab.

2. Under Manage, click Resell this submission.

3. Select the name of the company to which you want to resell the submission and click Resell.

4. The status of the resold submission can be viewed on the Summary & Tasks tab. Under View, click Resold Submissions.

To accept or decline a submission that has been sold to you

1. On the Manage logo page, filter the list by setting the Status to Resold, and then click the ID to open the submission.

2. On the Summary & Tasks tab, accept or decline the resale.

Friday, November 30, 2012 1:55 AM
  • Please note that the above answer lists the procedure for WLK 1.x. In WHCK 2.0, HCK Studio is used for DUA. You can accomplish this by loading the package and selecting "Driver Update" in the connection dialog -

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 30, 2012 9:22 PM
  • The two replies below speak of the ability to "resell" a already certified package using Driver Update. However, it is limited what you can do with Driver Update packages. You can only modify the supplemental content.

To answer your question, if you modify the INF file, then you must retest the driver.

Monday, December 3, 2012 4:35 PM
  • Can I do this if I want to sign the windows 8 driver even though the driver is the same for windows 7?

Thanks,

Jason

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:56 PM

Thanks,

Jason

I thinks it's no problem if the driver support both and pass HCK test. But you have to submit to Microsoft for gets Win8 certification file (cat).

Thanks, Steve

Friday, February 1, 2013 1:36 PM
  •  you can  do the DUA submission if the new driver package change INF only. please make a note driver binary should not be changed .
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:43 AM