Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. RRS feed

• Question

• After the Installation of these security updates on the macine  my application is givng the error. These updates were installed on the tenth of this month.
    Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    ============================================================================================
    Security update for Microsoft .net framework client profile:
     KB2160841,KB2446708,KB2478663 ,KB2518870 ,KB2539636,KB2473328,KB2533523

Security update for Microsoft   .net framework  4.0 extended 
    KB2416472,KB2487367 
    ========================================================================================

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Amarnath,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I recommend you use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to verify the .NET Framework 4 to see if it is healthy.

If this tool verify .NET Framework 4 successfully, I think this problem is related to your application. You can try to debug them in new environment.

If .NET Framework 4 failed to be verified, you can try to repair or reinstall it. Please try repair in Control Panel first. If this problem still exists, I recommend you repair it via command line: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2009/04/16/9553804.aspx

If the repair fails again, I recommend you uninstall .NET Framework 4 via the command line that page provided. After you uninstall it, reinstall it. Ensure the state of .NET Framework 4 is healthy, then try to run your application.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:28 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:32 AM

All replies