Downloading Android Virtualbox from amazonaws is super slow RRS feed

• Question

• User96136 posted

Hi Xamarin I already install Xamarin Android Player, and try to download some of Android Virtualbox files. I check with URLSnooper that I found out that Xamarin put their files here : https://xamarin-android-player.s3.amazonaws.com

I test connection from Home and Office to s3.amazonaws.com, both are very slow, and almost everytime is "connection time out" I stay in Singapore, Internet should not be a problem here. Internet is super fast when I browse www.xamarin.com.

But I managed to download manually the files for about 6 hours for all files. Now the problem is to set up this files to VirtualBox and I think must be visible in Xamarin Android Player ?

So Please help me on either of this step :

Manual way : provide me a step / link to configure the virtual box, using the ZIP that I have downloaded.

Automatic way : Or please fix Xamarin Android player to have a MIRROR and PROXY options, and let Xamarin Android Player DOWNLOAD faster and configure it automatically.

I have class on next week. And I'm stuck in this step.

Monday, June 8, 2015 8:41 AM

All replies

• User51368 posted

@sebastianolaf

There is no manual procedure for installing the device zip files.

XAP makes use of the default proxy settings that are set on the system (Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings).

It sounds like your ISP is having issues routing to s3.amazonaws.com, if your downloads are still slow / timing out and everything on http://status.aws.amazon.com/ looks normal then you should contact your their technical support to see if they can narrow down the problem.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 9:54 AM
  • User96136 posted

Ok will check , but how do I know which is the server ?

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:03 PM
  • User51368 posted

I have none to suggest. As you raised the point about proxy options in XAP I thought you had one in mind to use already.

Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:22 AM
  • User96136 posted

I don't have anything, I just suggest XAP can configure Proxy manually, as in there is a text box to key in where is the server to download. And you said the XAP is depend on Control Panel Internet Options. Then is ok.

Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:28 AM