none
POS for .NET service as a pass through RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Has anyone come across the issue that an app using OPOS/Pos for .Net has been sending data that are not OPOS standard related rather look like ESC Pos or ESC commands of a specific printer?

I have the problem that a customer was using an app that did this and my SO was sending the data via PrintNormal to the printer but due to the fact that the data were HEX representations of ESC commands some parts got filtered out by the SO and others just send through like text.

Hope anyone can help.

Thank you,

\Manfred

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Manfred,

I’m sorry because I have no device so that I cannot reproduce your issue, so what we can do is to give you some advice.

You have said that your SO class cannot send the right message as expected to printer. Did you try to debug via F11 in your VS? Please refer to this page to see the Remarks tips, maybe can give you some inspiration. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/microsoft.pointofservice.posprinter.printnormal(v=winembedded.11).aspx.

And this page shows how to develop a custom Service Object, please refer to it and do some research on it. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb429011(v=winembedded.11).aspx.

If you have any questions about CLR, we welcome you to post here again.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:38 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I guess my questions were not quite clear. It is not the SO that is sending the wrong code, rather the App that is using OPOS is sending data that are not understood. The question was more about application then implementation.

The question was regarding experience of a similar issue in other applications. Is anyone else having the problem that an application seems to be using the OPOS driver as a path through to extend the OPOS capabilities for specific printers and the OPOS driver is just parsing out what it understands and leaves so to speak jibberish hex representations of ASCII characters and numbers.

In all the time that I have been working with OPOS applications and customers I have not seen this before and am concerned how to approach this not really knowing what the application is really sending.

Best regards,

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:58 PM
  • Occasionally, due to the special strong request of the customer, functions that are not defined in UnifiedPOS may be implemented by passing the native control code sequence of the hardware from the application.

It is usually applied only for the specific hardware of a specific customer, but often happens to forget that condition and to use it on other customers and hardware as well.

This seems to be such a case.

In POSPrinter, pass through embedded data(ESC|[*]#E) escape sequence is defined as the specification of UnifiedPOS Ver1.7 or later.
    However, depending on the vendor, it seems that there is a case to pass a control sequence without using this escape sequence, which makes investigation difficult.

Friday, January 5, 2018 7:58 AM