none
Query regarding download limit restriction on IIS 7.5 RRS feed

• Question

•                I am facing an issue related to file download on Windows 2008 R2 Server with IIS 7.5. I am able to download the files up to 85 MB successfully. But for huge files say 350MB+, the application tries for a long time and then displays “The browser cannot display the page” message on the browser. The same is working perfectly fine with Windows 2003 Server and IIS 6.

I debugged through the entire code and the file is getting downloaded at the temporary location properly. But, after this the file download dialog (One with ‘Open’, ‘Save’, ‘Cancel’ options) should be displayed. But somehow this dialog is not displayed. The control passes through the entire code smoothly and successfully. This drove us to the conclusion that somehow the ASP response is not getting returned to the browser/IIS properly.        

I searched on the net regarding any information on difference between file download w.r.t. IIS and OS version, but didn’t find much of help applicable for our scenario.

Any idea regarding this ?

Abhishek...
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:43 AM