Sandcastle Help File Builder uses absolute paths RRS feed

• Question

• Sandcastle Help File Builder uses absolute path information rather than relative path information.

The result of this issue is that I cannot take a SHFB project that was created and built on one machine and have it work on a different machine without changing path information for assemblies, additional content, etc.

Is this going to change anytime in the near future?

Thanks!
    Rory

Thursday, September 7, 2006 9:35 PM

Answers

• It defaults to using full paths but you can edit them to make them relative paths.  If you specify a relative path, it will assume it is relative to the project file's location (additional content destinations are assumed to be relative to the working folder).  I'll take a look and see if there's something more I can do to make it more flexible.  I took a look at NDoc and I see it has a property on the paths that make them relative or fixed.  I'll see if I can do something similar.  It'll probably involve some type editors and convertors plus some rework of the path properties themselves so it may be a little while as I want to get some of the other stuff out of the way first.

Eric

Friday, September 8, 2006 1:46 AM