File Priority in ForEach Loop Container RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I need your inputs on how to set the file priority when you are uploading file using ForEach Loop container. I have developed the package using ForEach Loop container for uploading multiple flat files to SQL Server.

Now I have to modify ForEach Loop container such that it should first upload the files which name start with "Urgent" and then consider uploading other files.

Please suggest me the approach. One approach I could think of two forEach  Loop containers, First ForEach Loop container for uploading files name start  with "Urgent" and Second ForEach loop container for other files.

Please Let me know your view.

Thanks and Regards
    Hemant K

hemant
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:19 AM

Answers

•  i suggest that you try to keep your solution as simple as possible, otherwise it might be rather difficult to debug.  however, any such approach i can suggest involves using a script task.  any other solution that comes to mind involves using two separate foreach loops as you mentioned above.
    Duane Douglas, MCAD | http://www.ssisbi.com | Please mark the post(s) that answered your question.
    • Proposed as answer by Todd McDermid Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Friday, April 10, 2009 8:30 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:18 AM