none
Miracast Over Infrastructure doesn't prompt for WPS Pin RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to get Miracast over infrastructure to prompt for a PIN?

In my implementation, it never prompts for a PIN. Additionally, I have a surface hub and the behavior is the same - it never prompts for a PIN when the connection goes over infrastructure.

I have also ensured that surface hub is not in my device list.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your question.  It appears that you are implementing the [MS-MICE] protocol.  Please verify.  An engineer from the protocols team will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:24 PM
  • Yes, I have both Wifi Direct and MICE working, but MICE never prompts for the WPS pin. Its like the source bails out of the WFD negotiation before the WPS exchange occurs.

This question is with regard to the MS-MICE protocol.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:29 PM
  • Hi Vincent:

I'll help you with this issue and will be in touch as soon as I have an answer.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:54 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks.
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 5:00 PM
  • Hi Vincent:

Can you please let me know the version of Surface Hub you are working with? You can send this info to me via email to dochelp at Microsoft dot com.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 6:31 PM
    Owner
  • Sent.
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 7:54 PM
  • Forum update:

This issue is resolved.  As stated in [MS-MICE]-diff.pdf, section "<3> Section 3.1.3"  ( https://winprotocoldoc.blob.core.windows.net/productionwindowsarchives/MS-MICE/[MS-MICE]-diff.pdf)

"The Windows 10 v1703 through Windows 10 v1803 does not support PIN entry, therefore it will not set the PinSupported bit in the Capability attribute (section 2.2.8.1). The Windows 10 v1809 operating system and later and Windows Server 2019 and later Sink implementation allows the PinSupported bit to be configurable"

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:09 PM
    Owner