none
Excel chart for taskpane apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Zlatkovsky,

Thankyou very much for the immediate Respond.I have doubts regarding excelchart.I am creating a Pivot table using taskpane apps which has two col.

1st col says about Dates.

2 nd col says about values.

I created a Excel Chart(Line chart) using above values.When i try to Change the Setting of x-axis which is date axis into month ,the Chart is not reacting to it.It takes only the values from the table and i am not able to Change the Format of x-axis according to my wish.Could you please guide me .............where am i going wrong.

Thank you

Ramya

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramya,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Hi Ramya,

Not sure if it helps, but you may want to look at this article:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/apps/fp161144.aspx

In the Remarks section, it says:

For example, if the valueFormat parameter is specified as "formatted", a number formatted as currency, or a date formatted as mm/dd/yy in the host application will have its formatting preserved. If the valueFormat parameter is specified as "unformatted", a date will be returned in its underlying sequential serial number form.

Hope this helps,

- Michael

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

Monday, June 3, 2013 6:10 PM
  • Hi Ramya,

Unfortunately, I am not sure.  Hopefully someone else on the forum might be able to help with this.

Best of luck!

- Michael

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:17 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for the immediate Response.

Regards,

Ramya

Friday, June 7, 2013 8:09 AM