none
Object Model HCK Testing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

can anybody explain how to proceed with Object Model testing the HCK. how to create the target family/Device family. 

I Tried to compile the sample code given by MS from following link. i got few errors. please explain how to execute HCK tests in parellel fashion.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh998554.aspx

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'DtmLogoManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Windows Certification Workshop\OM Samples\AdvancedTargetFamily\AdvancedTargetFamily.cs 25 13 AdvancedTarget

Krishna

• Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:18 PM WLK/WHCK related (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Does http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wdk/thread/4190976f-3731-4d86-90b0-167d408ef707 or http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wdk/thread/79504be1-610f-464a-8a9c-adc17b5c9c1f address the issue you are having?

Also, there are some samples that listed the wrong namespace which was addressed in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wdk/thread/1c06bd61-668c-4049-98c1-310ecd5691d2.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 7:50 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I Tried compiling the poweshell scripts. It worked for some extent like creating testpool and creating a project, but while creating CreateDeviceFamily it gave following error. I am trying to certify 10G Network adapter. so i provided Device IDs as shown below.

[string[]]$HardwareIds = "PCI\VEN_1425&DEV_4403&SUBSYS_00001425&REV_00" , "PCI\VEN_1425&DEV_4403&SUBSYS_00001425" , "PCI\VEN_1425&DEV_4403&CC_020000" , "PCI\VEN_1425&DEV_4403&CC_0200"

please help me how to get out of this error, is the syntax correct?

Error:

====

Usage: %SystemRoot%\syswow64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -file TargetFamily.ps1 <<ControllerMachineName>>

connecting to the controller RIBDI
    BEAS
    HALFLIFE
    True
    True
    Exception calling "CreateDeviceFamily" with "2" argument(s): "Couldn't use the provided hardware id's for this device
    amily"
    At C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\TargetFamily.ps1:41 char:44
    + $DeviceFamily = $Manager.CreateDeviceFamily <<<< ("Device Family", $HardwareIds)
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException

Exception calling "CreateTargetFamily" with "1" argument(s): "Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: deviceFamily"
    At C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\TargetFamily.ps1:50 char:52
    + $TargetFamily = $ProductInstance.CreateTargetFamily <<<< ($DeviceFamily)

Exception calling "FindTargetFromDeviceFamily" with "1" argument(s): "Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: family"
    At C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\TargetFamily.ps1:53 char:44
    + $ProductInstance.FindTargetFromDeviceFamily <<<< ($DeviceFamily) | foreach {

Krishna

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:34 AM
  • Have you run the script multiple times? If so, I suggest you look at the thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wdk/thread/79504be1-610f-464a-8a9c-adc17b5c9c1f which speaks to issues about running the samples. You may be in the situation where you need to clean up your projects, remove the exist target/device families, and/or adjust the hardware IDs that you are looking for.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:33 PM
  • hi John,

I cleared existing device familes with GetDeviceFamilies and DeleteDeviceFamily methods. then i was able to create a Devicefamily for both NDIS & VBD id's.

Problem is for VBD device it didn't duplicate the tests. but for NDIS driver it had duplicate all the tests when i select two devices in the selection tab.

Is this expected, could you let me know how do for NDIS.

HW ids:

[string[]]$HardwareIds = "PCI\VEN_1425&DEV_4402&SUBSYS_00001425", "{4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\CHT4NDIS"

VBD tests total 22: when i add two VBD devices i got 29 tests

NDIS tests total 77: when i add two NDIS devices i got 154 tests. how to achieve this like VBD.

Thanks

Krishna

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:10 AM
  • Hi John,

Based on your earlier feedback, we have made some progress. However, we still need some more help from you.

Just to clarify further, VBD means a Virtual Bus Driver that creates virtual NDIS functions. The NDIS miniport driver is installed on these NDIS functions.

using your feedback we were able to get rid of the duplicate test cases for the VBD. However this didn't work for the NDIS virtual functions.

please let me know if you should need any more clarification.

Regards

Krishna

Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:27 AM