Where or what is ../src/uuidspu.cxx RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I get an error when running a crystal report from c#. The error is:

Program : <My Program Name - full path>

File : ../src/uuidspu.cxx

Expression :(status==14L) || (Status == 8L)

and the dialog box title refers to Microsoft c++ runtime library.

Appears that 14 and 8 are reference to memory issues if error lookup under MSVS tools menu is to be believed. More than that I have no idea how to go about tracking and fixing this issue. It does not occur on all machines.

Please Help.

• Edited by Hylton.Tregenza Friday, July 15, 2011 11:20 AM Fixed type on error code
    • Moved by Aspen VJ Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:04 AM (From:Visual C# Language)
    Friday, July 15, 2011 11:20 AM

Answers

• Process Monitor may tell you more details and what is missing.

Is this happening on the DEV PC or on the app server?

I doubt it's a actual memory problem, those usually show up when mixed versions of runtime gets involved, for example something like when a really old version of crpe32 is used in an app that requires a function that does not exist in it.

PM or DebugDiag may help to capture more details also.

Don

Don Williams
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Hylton,

I move this thread to Crystal Report forum to get better response. Thanks for understanding.

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:03 AM
  • Hello,

I don't recognize it as being a CR file either. What happens if you create a new simply project without using CR components but include everything else as you ahve in your main project and then add a form with some buttons or what ever you are using also.

Or simply copy your existing project and remove the CR references and comment out all code to CR API's.

What happens?

Or you can use Process Monitor, search here for it, and see what it is trying to load. Look for Access Denied or missing dependencies.

Don
    Don Williams
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Don,

Unfortunatly as a subcontractor on this project I do not have access to the machine(s) on which this error occurs. (they are on a different continent too). I will pass these suggestions on to the person that has access to these machines and see if anything can be resolved.

I am currently adding logging into my app to see if this error occurs before CR is being called or within the CR. I have been able to find out that the machine has 1GB if memory. That should be more than enough for the task I am executing.

As for the file name, I have no idea where it is comming from. I was hoping someone that has worked closly with the c++ runtime would be able to shed some light on that. The file does not exist on my development machine and judging by googles results, not on many other machines either. Most confusing. Currently googling "uuidspu.cxx" (with the quotes) only returns this thread.

Hylton

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:59 PM
  • Process Monitor may tell you more details and what is missing.

Is this happening on the DEV PC or on the app server?

I doubt it's a actual memory problem, those usually show up when mixed versions of runtime gets involved, for example something like when a really old version of crpe32 is used in an app that requires a function that does not exist in it.

PM or DebugDiag may help to capture more details also.

Don

Don Williams
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:53 PM