Where the radial strokes and Co ? RRS feed

• Question

• OK, this is a pretty new versions but for me it's a regression.

My old Fractal Design Expression has an ugly interface but more impressives grafics functions.

Where the radial strokes?
    How to inclinate strokes?
    Where the XAML editor?

Dear Microsoft, I waiting for an Illustrator Killer and not an Inkscape challenger. 

• Edited by Ze-Siem Wednesday, May 7, 2008 9:35 PM Error in title
    Wednesday, May 7, 2008 9:33 PM

Answers

• Ze-Siem,

I'll be happy to enter these features as suggestions for future versions of Expression Design, but please keep in mind that Expression Design was never intended to be an "Illustrator Killer". 

From the Expression Design FAQs:

How would a designer use Expression Design 2?
    http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/FAQ.aspx?key=design

"Microsoft Expression Design 2 is the perfect companion to Expression Blend 2 allowing for an end-to-end XAML based design workflow. You can leverage existing artwork by incorporating graphics from other applications using standard file formats such as JPEG, PNG, and GIF, open vector-based artwork from other popular graphic tools, or quickly build sophisticated vector assets using the intuitive and flexible drawing tools.

Expression Design 2 features a powerful new export engine and slicing tools that seamlessly bring your artwork to Expression Blend and Expression Web, allowing you to target individual slices as separate formats, including Silverlight canvas, WPF canvas, WPF resource dictionary, HTML comp, XAML, PSD, and PDF. XAML allows your finished graphics, user interface elements and design assets to move seamlessly from your initial concept to the finished product while retaining their full fidelity throughout the process."

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Support
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 4:25 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you should stick with Fractal Design Expression, although I don't remember it having radial stroke, inclinate stroke or a XAML editor.
    Annie
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 3:01 AM
  • Ze-Siem,

I'll be happy to enter these features as suggestions for future versions of Expression Design, but please keep in mind that Expression Design was never intended to be an "Illustrator Killer". 

From the Expression Design FAQs:

How would a designer use Expression Design 2?
    http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/FAQ.aspx?key=design

"Microsoft Expression Design 2 is the perfect companion to Expression Blend 2 allowing for an end-to-end XAML based design workflow. You can leverage existing artwork by incorporating graphics from other applications using standard file formats such as JPEG, PNG, and GIF, open vector-based artwork from other popular graphic tools, or quickly build sophisticated vector assets using the intuitive and flexible drawing tools.

Expression Design 2 features a powerful new export engine and slicing tools that seamlessly bring your artwork to Expression Blend and Expression Web, allowing you to target individual slices as separate formats, including Silverlight canvas, WPF canvas, WPF resource dictionary, HTML comp, XAML, PSD, and PDF. XAML allows your finished graphics, user interface elements and design assets to move seamlessly from your initial concept to the finished product while retaining their full fidelity throughout the process."

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Support
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 4:25 PM