none
Interop Redemption library crashing on release but not on debug version outlook 2010 add-in RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Interop.Redemption 5.7.0.0 in my outlook add-in (plug-in) but when i build the add-in in the release and start the outlook plugin i get stack trace for some reason and when i build the same app for debug no any error add-in works fine.

This is only on Win7 FR with office on FR language. When i use EN versions everything works fine.

Stack trace:

Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Interop.Redemption, Version=5.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=----' ou une de ses dépendances.

Google translate:

Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.Redemption, Version = 5.7.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = -----' or one of its dependencies.

What can be different between debug and release build?

Now you see me now you don't

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hello Gizmo,

Please make sure that a file exists on the disk. Also try to register the Redemption assembly manually on the problematic PC. You need to have the assembly registered, not only the corresponding interop file.

Redemption is a commercial component and not a part of Microsoft Outlook / Office suite. That's why I'd suggest contacting the Redemption developer at redemption@dimastr.com .  

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:30 AM
  • How can i check if the assembly is registered in system because the build is working fine on English Windows & office combo. Maybe there is something different in FR and EN Win7 which im not sure what.

Now you see me now you don't

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 12:18 PM
  • The assembly is not loaded when you build the add-in or application.

Due to the fact that the issue is related to Redemption, I'd suggest contacting the developer instead.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 12:26 PM
  • The only reason that error can be raised is if the interop.redemption.dll is not in the same folder alongside your main executable.

Please make sure the interop dll is present.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:27 PM